As an anthropological geneticist, I am interested in how the human genetic diversity is impacted by cultural behaviours, migrations and demographic events. During my PhD, I was working on several neutral genetic markers: genome-wide autosomal SNPs, Y chromosomal STRs, mitochondrial HVS1 sequences and haplogroups, in combination with ethnological data, sampled from present-day Inner Asian human populations. Now, at CMPG, my post-doctoral project aims at studying demography, admixture and migration within great apes species and human Neolithic groups, using a coalescent model-based approach.
- 2018- : Postdoc in CMPG group at the Institute of Ecology and Evolution, University of Bern, SW.
- 2014-2017: PhD in anthropological genetics with Prof. Evelyne HEYER & Dr. Laure SEGUREL (Evolutive Anthropology Group, CNRS – MNHN, Paris, FR.) on the impact of cultural behaviours on the diversity of human populations from Inner Asia, at the Natural History Museum, Paris, France.
- 2013-2014: Financed internship in the Evolutive Anthropology Group.
- 2011-2013: Research Master in Evolution and Biological Sciences at the Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) de Lyon, FR.
- 2010-2010: Bachelor of Sciences in Biology at the Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) de Lyon, FR.
- 2008 - 2010: Post-secondary preparatory classes in Science for competitive examination (CPGE BCPST), Lycée Thiers, Marseille, FR.
- 2008: High school diploma in Science, Marseille, FR
- Marchi N, Hegay T, Mennecier P, Georges M, Laurent R, Whitten M, Endicott P, Aldashev A, Dorzhu C, Nasyrova F, Chichlo B, Ségurel L, Heyer E. (2017) Sex-specific genetic diversity is shaped by cultural factors in Inner Asian human populations. Am J Phys Anthropol. doi:10.1002/ajpa.23151
- Marchi N, Pissard S, Cliquennois M, Vasseur C, Le Metayer N, Mereau C, Jouet JP, Georgel AF, Genin E, Rose C. (2014) Confirmation of a founder effect in a Northern European population of a new β−globin variant: HBB:c.23_26dup (codons 8/9 (+AGAA)). EurJHumGenet. doi:10.1038/ejhg.2014.263
- Madsen CL, Vilstrup JT, Fernandez R, Marchi N, Hakansson B, Krog M, Asferg T, Baagoe H, Orlando L. (2015) Mitochondrial genetic diversity of eurasian red squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris) from Denmark. J Hered. doi:10.1093/jhered/esv074